Museum to re-open on Tuesday 11th August
We've missed you over the past few months so we're delighted to be making plans to welcome you back to our museum from Tuesday 11th August.
We believe that culture and life-long learning is important for people's wellbeing. We've spent the past few months looking at how we can re-open our doors so that you can visit us again. Visiting will be a different experience to previously but we know you will still have a great time. You will continue to receive a really warm welcome.
The garden can also be a great place in these troubled times and we have created a new outdoor trail. The garden is mainly for visitors to enjoy and will only be accessible from the main front gate.
The safety of our visitors, staff and volunteers is our number one priority.
We have made a number of changes and improvements to how we operate to ensure safety. This includes:
- introducing a card reader. We recommend contactless payment.
- reducing the amount of touch points on site
- an enhanced cleaning regime throughout the museum
- signage reminding visitors and staff to wash their hands
- a hygiene screen has been added to the till point at reception
- new hand sanitiser points have been installed
- social distancing markers are in place
- access to the museum as been assessed and we will limit on-site capacity
- introduction of one-way routes in some of our galleries
- all our staff have been trained in our new policies and protocols
Further information will be on the 'plan your visit' section of the website. We look forward to welcoming you back.